It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gallery: Min Hsuan Lo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:37 pm 
Editor

This thread is for discussing the feature gallery "The Bonsai of Min Hsuan Lo"
http://www.artofbonsai.org/galleries/hsuanlo.php

Post subject: Lo's Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:42 am 

Hi Paul,
Thanks for putting up Lo's gallery. However, could not access his Profile. While clicking the link, Peter Evans' gallery appears. Kindly look into it.
Thanks & regards,
Shaukat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:11 pm 

WOW ! What an amazing gallery. Refreshing to see a gallery containing only deciduious trees. I cannot remember the last time i saw trees of this caliber. The ramification is truly stunning. It reminds you that what you thought of as Bonsai in your collectons are merely the beginnings. These trees are very old,so have they been in the family for generations ?. Can you imagine the normal maintainance like leaf stripping or prunning. Do they still need some of these ,or does the fineness of the twigs mean the leaves stay small. The more you study these trees the more questions you raise. This is the best gallery yet. Regards, Peter.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:18 pm 
Editor

Peter Evans wrote:
WOW ! What an amazing gallery. Refreshing to see a gallery containing only deciduious trees. I cannot remember the last time i saw trees of this caliber. The ramification is truly stunning. It reminds you that what you thought of as Bonsai in your collectons are merely the beginnings. These trees are very old,so have they been in the family for generations ?. Can you imagine the normal maintainance like leaf stripping or prunning. Do they still need some of these ,or does the fineness of the twigs mean the leaves stay small. The more you study these trees the more questions you raise. This is the best gallery yet. Regards, Peter.

Peter,
it is interesting that you describe the ficus as decidious tree.First I thought,they are evergreens per se.But when you look up some literature they consider the climate the trees are growing in.In temperate areas they are classified as evergreens,in areas with longer dry periods they are considered decidious.
What are your thoughts about it?What are "true" decidious trees?
Regards,
Dorothy Schmitz,Florida

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:21 am 

Hi, Dorothy. In answer to your question about the Ficus,i only called it decidious because of the stunning picture of one of trees leafless. I assumed that the particular species was decidious. Until now i had not considered what makes a tree evergreen/decidious. As i only grow material local to me in England,i do not have much knowlege of exotics such as Ficus. I know that they are available as house plants here but have never thought of trying one as a Bonsai. This also raises the question of " indoor bonsai". Now i do own a Ulmus parvifolia which are sold here as indoor trees. Mine has always lived outdoors and thrives. Some winters it looses it's leaves other times it keeps them all year. I consider this species to be decidious but others might disagree. Perhaps some trees can adapt to different climates when moved around the world. One final thought, are decidious trees broard leaf where as evergreens are needle like. Regards, Peter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:36 am 

Peter,
Thanks for comment.
My blog in KB nearly set up, more bonsai was post, welcome to my blog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:24 pm 
Editor

I am right now spending a few HOURS (!) to study Min Hsuan's BLOG at
KoB!
This is the greatest site I've seen so far regarding bonsai and everything
that you associate with it:Trees,Landscapes,Techniques,Fun,People,Events
etc..
Thank you very very much for putting all that on your blog Min Hsuan!
Regards,
dorothy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:39 pm 
Editor

I just had a look at Lo Min Hsuan's blog. I didn't even know that there are blogs at KOB.
My, Oh, My - what a treat! I decided that I cannot look at it during my work, unless I want to lose my job. This blog is spectacular.
I know that I will spend hours looking at it at HOME.
Thank you Lo Min Hsuan for putting this together. You are the greatest inspiration in bonsai.
And thank you for KOB for this great feature (I guess I am going to have to spend more time at KOB).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:56 pm 
Editor

Attila Soos wrote:
And thank you for KOB for this great feature (I guess I am going to have to spend more time at KOB).

It is our pleasure!
Glad you like them. More to come in the future.
-Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:43 pm 

All the KoB blogs can be seen at http://www.knowledgeofbonsai.org/blogs.php
I was also impressed with Lo's blog, it is very easy to spend hours there. Thanks for taking the time to put that up and to allow us to feature your work here in this gallery.

Will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:53 pm 
Lo,
I am very happy to see that you have posted your BLog. I am very happy and fortunate to have a good friend lke you.
Congratulations,
Jose Luis Rodriguez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:31 am 

Dorothy,Attila, Paul,Will,Jose
Thanks for kindly words.
Recently my blog have increase rapidly , update have 99 posts .
Welcome to my blog , enjoy my soul in bonsai.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]