It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gallery: Peter Evans
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:22 am 
Editor

This thread is for discussing the feature gallery "The Bonsai of Peter Evans"
http://www.artofbonsai.org/galleries/evans.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:50 pm 

I particularly like the Hawthorn, beautiful tree.

Will

Post subject: Fantastic Blackthorn.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:29 pm 

The Blackthorn is absolutely fantastic. The form and colours of the pot supports the tree to the best. I must admit I envy that one. I have just recently achieved a Blackthorn and hope to develop it to something as beautiful as this one, although the style is much different when comparing.
And I like Peters approach to bonsai as well. Honest and not putting your self in front of the trees like some.
Regards
Morten Albek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:07 am 

Thanks Will and Morten for your kind comments. Which of the hawthorns did you like best ?. I was attracted to the Blackthorns because they are the european equivalant of Prunus mume. I just love the delicate white flowers against the black twigs. I'm currently developing another chuhin size example which i hope will be ready in 2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:41 am 

The Hawthorn in the Gordon Duffett pot has great movement and the trunk is remarkable. Of the two, this one has to be my favorite.

Will

Post subject: Choosing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:26 am 

If I have to choose Peter (which I normally do not want too, because both have their own aesthetic value and style making them good as single viewed trees), I have to choose like Will. Just because there is so much power in that trunk. It is amazing, with a lot of character. I am funned by the literati/bunjin style as well, and think the other Hawthorn has the qualities required for that particular style.
Regards
Morten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:25 pm 

This is one of the nice things about Bonsai. The openess of other artist about one's work. I was initially a little conserned about posting a gallery on this site,as the photographic quality was very high.[ Morten needs to do an on-line course in Bonsai photography ] I have always promoted construtive criticsisum within the local club as a means of learning so i hope that others will make comments on my gallery. I intend to take a photography course this winter so that next year the gallery will be even better. Regards Peter.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:27 pm 

Peter Evans wrote:
This is one of the nice things about Bonsai. The openess of other artist about one's work. I was initially a little conserned about posting a gallery on this site,as the photographic quality was very high.[ Morten needs to do an on-line course in Bonsai photography ] I have always promoted construtive criticsisum within the local club as a means of learning so i hope that others will make comments on my gallery. I intend to take a photography course this winter so that next year the gallery will be even better. Regards Peter.

Nice trees Peter - and a pleasure to make your acquaintance, even if it is only electronically. You are right about photography. If we intend to share our trees, photgraphs are the way to go. Digital makes it a bit easier but I still find it tough. One more thing to learn.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]