It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Robert Steven's New Book
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:27 pm 

I had the extreme honor of being asked to edit Robert's new book and I am happy to say that after much work, I had a great time doing it. Printing should be done late this year or very early next year. Robert is still working on sketches, pictures, and captions, but other than that, the book, in my humble opinion, is a great sequel. Robert certainly did a great job sharing his knowledge once again.

Robert's new book gets away from the "how" that is so common and gets into the "why" which is rare in bonsai books, or even on the forums for that matter. He also uses bonsai pictures from many of the forum regulars.

A rough draft of the cover is attached.

Sorry, the contents will have to be seen in the book itself. ;)

Will

Attachments:
mission_cover.jpg [551.9 KiB]
Downloaded 142 times

Post subject: Re: Robert Steven's New Book
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:19 pm 

A note for those who won a copy of this book in the recent AoB Awards or the AoB/KoB Article contest...

The book has been forwarded to the printer and the publishing should begin soon.

Will

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:44 am 

This book is now available through Stone Lantern Publishing www.stonelantern.com

Hard Cover, 250 pages with over 600 pictures.......

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:59 am 
Editor

ooooh, I've been looking forward to this! Thanks for the heads up Will!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:06 pm 

No problem. The book can now be ordered at http://www.stonelantern.com/Mission_of_ ... /b1mot.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:50 pm 

I received an advance copy of Robert's new book today, I like the layout quite a bit. Since I may be a little biased in evaluating the book, I'll post a few quotes from the remarks in the front of the book.

"I am certain bonsai artists from around the globe will find "Mission of Transformation" a valuable addition to their reference library because it contains information not found anywhere so well presented and explained." - William N. valavanis

"Robert has finally given us a "how-to" book on bonsai design that concentrates on the artistic and horticultural aspects like no other books have." - Walter Pall

"...this book, "Mission of Transformation" will certainly make another great success and give a great influencing contribution to the bonsai world." - Yen Zi Jing

Will

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:17 am 

Hi guys,

Sorry for being absent for quite awhile because I have been extremely busy for my book and my traveling trips.

I should thanks to Will for his unconditional help to make this book a wonderful one, and to all friends who have allow me to use their bonsai pictures.

I was just back from the WBC Convention in Puerto Rico and the first lot I brought were sold out on the first day....not bad at all...

I will ship out to Stone Lantern early next week, so it will take sometimes to arrive; so to those who are ordering...thanks for your patience.

BTW, you might be interested to check out at : www.aobkobstore.com
and my bog : http://blogs.knowledgeofbonsai.org/robert_steven/news/
.....for something unique......

Bonsai regards,
Robert S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 am 
"Robert has finally given us a "how-to" book on bonsai design that concentrates on the artistic and horticultural aspects like no other books have." - Walter Pall

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]