It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: "I thought he'd never leave"
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:18 pm 

A night with little to no sleep, a morning searching for my cat which I found dead in a neighbors yard behind the gates of which are 3 very nasty dogs. Unable to locate said neighbor to retreave my "Buddy Slash" and then the winds and rain came.
Hubby dug the grave for my buddy while I cried...
At 3:00 PM neighbors friend arrived at her house and hubby went to fetch my boy home for the last time...
Hubby and I both were exhausted and decided a trip to the grocery store for food was in order (Out of cat food here can mean your death or a nice trip down the stairs), after we came home and fed the mob it was time for us to fuel our bodies...A local place here, then we went for our drive down River Road to look at all the "Baldy's" and dream of how we could improve the ones we have. Our talk came around to our friend Behr Appleby and his Baldy butt plug (And nope there is no nicer way to say it). Those who know Behr are quite familiar with some of his more colorful terms.
As I spot a Baldy that would make Behr drool we get a call from our Bonsai Buddy Jay followed by a call from our Buddy Andy...
Our friend Behr went to work yesterday evening on the Baldy's with a artist he much admired Vaughn Banting... We will miss him greatly but I have no doubts his spirit will live on in those of us lucky to have known him. So I will end this where it started "I thought he'd never leave!".....
See ya later Behr.....
Irene

Post subject: Re: "I thought he'd never leave"
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 pm 

Behr (Gramps) was a much liked and respected editor here at AoB. Besides being active in the development of the AoB Awards, he was always working behind the scenes as an editor for many profiles, galleries, and articles here.

He will be greatly missed.

Post subject: Re: "I thought he'd never leave"
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:08 am 
Editor

Behr was an internet bonsai friend and a gentleman. I'd admired his artistry and I had hoped to meet him in person. I just never thought he'd leave.

Rest in peace, dear Friend.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]