It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gallery: The Bonsai of John Pitt
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:41 pm 
Editor

This thread is for discussing the feature gallery "The Bonsai of John Pitt"
http://artofbonsai.org/galleries/pitt.php

Post subject: Great trees in even greater pots
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:09 am 

Hi John
I am happy to see your trees here in the gallery, and even more happy to see your pots. I hope to visit you and your trees one day.
You have a nice naturalistic styling of your bonsai, and the pots support this very well I find.
I am the very happy owner of some John Pitt pots. Two are posted here. The texture and colours are amasing. Thanks John.
Best regards
Morten Albek
Shohin-bonsai
Lonicera nitida
Mame-bonsai
Cotoneaster microphylla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:39 pm 
Editor

Morton,
Those are great - and I particularly like the interplay between pot and tree in the first photograh. That's also an interesting shot because it is the first example that I have ever seen where a composition benefits from a stand being barely longer than the pot itself. But here it seems to simply augment the compactness of the image.
Wonderful lines!
Best regards,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:10 am 

Hi Morten,
Thanks for your comments, your Lonicera looks stunningI'm so pleased it fits the "special" pot I made for you. As Carl said the whole composition is so compact and powerful it reminds me of a 1000 year old Oak tree growing near to where I live. The proportions of the stand, pot and tree really work well together.
I'm looking forward to working with you in November at the Burrs workshop, if you have time you would be welcome to visit my house.
John Pitt

Post subject: Thank you for the comments
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 am 

Thanks Carl and John
I am very pleased with your comments.
I tried out two other wider tables for the Lonicera but they simply didn?t work. But this smaller one seems to corporate well with the design.
That is one of the fun things about displaying. You simply have to try out all kinds of solutions to see what works. I am glad you like my choice.
I hope to visit you some time in England John. This time (November) I am afraid the schedule is too tight, but maybe we can arrange a visit around the next BSA show in February. It is my intention to come to that event, and a visit to your place would be very nice and a high priority. If not possible at that time, we just manage another time.
Best regards
Morten

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]