It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: The Problem With American Bonsai
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:24 am 

Rob, Thanksfor the welcome.
I take your point that american bonsai had pre war roots in Japanese/American activity. It prompts me to consider that Vita Koreshoff's Chinese bonsai gardener
may have implanted Chinese roots here as well.
You are correct. This post war period bought broad interest in bonsai.
I might have phrased that differently
Yes barbaric is a harsh word.I've stood on the banks of Pearl Harbour and contemplated the human suffering there as well. I understand that Americe provide ample opportunity for Japan to avoid it. I don't use the word with blame but with consideration to human suffering.
Cheers
Lindsay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:01 am 

Mark, I began to read your post but found it predictably juvenile. I will no longer engage in conversation with you on this subject.
I find your lust and unyeilding devotion for all things Japanese as unpallatable as I find those who believe that the Japanese people can do no right.
Thanks for the passion that you bought to the conversatio.
cheers
Lindsay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:37 am 

Rob Kempinski wrote:

BTW, your comment about the "barbaric act of dropping the atomic bombs" on Japan caught my notice. One can debate this ad naseum and it really has nothing to do with bonsai but those two bombs had the most positive effect on mankind since the beginning of our species. If you were to plot the percent of the world's population killed via war over the eons and see how that number goes down after the two bombings you'd realize the atomic age has had phenomenal benefit. Sure we are a bit more paranoid as a result of it but that is better than being dead.

Look out, politics, ha,ha!!!
Hey Rob, don't forget, space and rocket tehnology is based on post II war German tehnology, that you Americans and Soviets took from them together with the German scientists.
About the bombs...yes, we have peace in the western world, not to many people killed lately, but the bennefit from A-bombs wasn't to feel in Africa, latin and centrall America, Asia, China during the Mao's time, and lately war in chechnya, Ex-Yougoslavia, Irak, Afghanistan...
Who knows,(I hope never happens) if one day couple of bombs get's in the hands os some terrorists, or 2-3 bombs of 50,you guys and the Russians lost "in the mission" somewhere on the bottom of the Atlantic, explodes...whoops!
PS/ Don't take me serrious, we all have the rights to think about the past our way.
PS 2/ You want some Duvel bier? ha,ha

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14