It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Italy EBA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:06 am 

I have no comments to the subject currently. It?s fully described and well done I think.

EBA meeting
I am also going to the EBA convention in Italy. It could be nice to meet some of you there. To put some faces on the people from this forum, and just having a good time there.
If anybody feels to, we could on forehand make an appointment to meet there. Any body interested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:44 pm 

Where in Italy is the meeting? I am arriving in Rome on May7th. My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary with a trip to Rome, Florence and Venice, although I'm sure our days will be full!

Post subject: EBA in Arco, Italy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:19 am 

Enjoy your anniversary and holiday as much as you can. If there is space in your programme, the EBA meeting takes place in Arco, Northern parts of Italy, at the beautiful Lake Garda.
More information is avaliable at:
http://www.ebabonsai.com/default.asp?page=nextconv
and
http://www.arcobonsai.com/MenuEba05.htm
Regards
Morten Albek

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:23 am 

Karen Hausdoerffer wrote:
In this way, I wonder if bonsai is closer to acting than to writing. In bonsai, wouldn't your partner be the tree itself?

I think bonsai is closer to photography, because the artist work with something which must be already provided by nature and time. I consider the self expression degree in bonsai as much lesser than in writing, music or acting. Some bonsai artist work to reveal the beauty of the tree, not how beautiful his or her design is. Therefore I consider bonsai as much more related to the "No Mind" or "No Self" concepts of Zen philosophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm 
Editor

Interesting concept. You said that you would be interested in talking to those who have already crossed that bridge? Will you settle for someone who could not find the bridge but is stuck in the river is spans? Sometimes I feel just that way.
Here is another little bit to chew on. As soon as you attempt to establish your own individual style etc. you doom yourself to failure.
Your points about doing bonsai are the best. In doing so you are creating those things that are pleasing to yourself. The more you try to contrive the outcome the more it will allude you. Time and again the great artists have come up in discussion. There is one thing I think I can say about all of them. There is not one that sought to mimic another, or to create something different, but only to do what they saw and what touched them inside.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2