It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:03 pm 
Attila Soos wrote:
The thing is that the artist may chose to make them "look at each other", but may just as well chose to make them "look away from each other". Depending on what he is trying to achieve. After all, when we love each other, we look at each other, but sometimes we are alienated and we are leaving each other. We may be headed in the opposite direction.
If we want harmony, the object of the arrangement should embrace each other in unity. If we want tension, turmoil, drama, that requires a different set up. The tree heading away from the accent, to me suggests a feeling of separation and the ending of something. I don't really care about the original intention, but rather the outcome of the work. Changing the position of the accent would change that mood. Which is better? I don't know.

An interesting point... When I saw this picture I imagined two people passing on a street with one turning quickly to catch another view of the other. Maybe the one turning thought it recognised the other... Maybe big muscles is turning to check out the view of the sleek young thing... while being totally ignored. Either way the composition instantly brought to mind a scene seen daily on any city sidewalk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:04 pm 

It's interesting to see that many are trying to identify the picture with people, something the first poster seemed was not the right thing to do.
Most are seeing it the way I meant, and that is the struggle in life and the outcome of that struggle. I chose that particular accent because I see a struggle in it also, as part of it wants to go one way, and part of it the other way.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2